Art: Art Deco-style Spock/Uhura
Apr. 4th, 2010 03:12 amTitle: Art Deco Spock/Uhura
Pairing: Spock/Uhura
Rating: PG at most, for a clingy dress
Disclaimer: I like them very much, but they are not the hell my whales.
Notes: Created at the request of
sesh_khem, as part of Prompt-a-Mod Day at
st_respect. Referenced to photographs and to the paintings of Tamara de Lempicka.
Apologies: To my friendslist people, for subjecting them to a new post with this thing just about every time I made a new brushstroke. And to art historians, for potential artistic inaccuracies, because dammit Jim I'm an astronomer.
Eight Billion Thanks: To
anodyna, for inestimable wisdom and invaluable artistic eyeballs. And brains (not BRAAAINS, just brains).
Preview:


Pairing: Spock/Uhura
Rating: PG at most, for a clingy dress
Disclaimer: I like them very much, but they are not the hell my whales.
Notes: Created at the request of
Apologies: To my friendslist people, for subjecting them to a new post with this thing just about every time I made a new brushstroke. And to art historians, for potential artistic inaccuracies, because dammit Jim I'm an astronomer.
Eight Billion Thanks: To
Preview:

no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 07:20 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 07:21 am (UTC)What do you mean, boobs aren't perfectly conical?!
(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 08:26 am (UTC)OMG...I have no words. This is gorgeous! THANK YOU!! A kajillion time THANK YOU!!!
Oh, and...
Date: 2010-04-04 03:07 pm (UTC)*still squeeing and trying to figure out how to get a print*
Re: Oh, and...
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 03:48 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:20 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 03:59 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:24 am (UTC)(Pike, now, IS a ship I ship and always have. With anyone or anything, HELLO ADMIRAL OMG.)
Anyway, thank you for looking at a ship that isn't yours, and thank you again for the comment! :)
(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:05 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:24 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:12 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:26 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:12 pm (UTC)Also: HAND PORN IMMINENT! fantastic job.
p.s. please do consider getting a dA account! You truly are an artist! A very very good one at that! SpockAndUhura would be honored to have this piece in our gallery! <3<3<3
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:25 pm (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:45 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:30 am (UTC)(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:56 pm (UTC)(Don't be afraid of deviant art, bb! I used to think it wasn't for me because I'm not that deviant, but it turns out there's no minimum deviancy requirement. :) But really, two things: one, everyone from professionals to, um, severely amateur amateurs are on there, so there's really, really no pressure to qualify or be "good enough," and (b) your work is beautiful and you're really talented so it's not even an issue. I've never posted work there so I can't speak to advantages/disadvantages, but if it's something you ever felt like doing I wouldn't hesistate. Your awesomeness is awesome!)
((PPS: You're getting much well-deserved love at spock_uhura also, fyi.))
CHEERLEADER SPOCK CHEERS FOR YOU! CUBIST BOOBS FTW!
no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:33 am (UTC)(I will consider this deviantart thing. I did make an account at one point, purely so I could see naked people -- you see how my mind works -- but I never considered it as a place to actually post stuff.)
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:56 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:36 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 04:57 pm (UTC)<333
no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:36 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:01 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:37 am (UTC)ROBAU.
um yeah, sorry, got carried away! What I meant was, thank you for looking, & for commenting! :)
(no subject)
From:(no subject)
From:no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:01 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:38 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:04 pm (UTC)PS: Fear not the diviantArt! You deserve to be there. Period.
no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:39 am (UTC)Beautiful
Date: 2010-04-04 05:07 pm (UTC)Re: Beautiful
Date: 2010-04-05 01:40 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:15 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:40 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:41 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:44 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:43 am (UTC)Thanks for the comment!
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:48 pm (UTC)love love love it!
no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:43 am (UTC)I love Spock. I also love your icon. :)
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:51 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:45 am (UTC)I have to thank
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:45 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 05:54 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:45 am (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 06:11 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:46 am (UTC)And on another note, I really like your icon.
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 06:17 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:47 am (UTC)I owe
no subject
Date: 2010-04-04 06:31 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2010-04-05 01:47 am (UTC)